Now is the Health Insurance Season
(773) 742-6626 or email@example.com
Where do we belong when we seek health insurance?
First, and very important thing is to learn to distinguish between programs and insurance related to our health:
1. Medicaid - a program for the poor and children (CHIP, KidCare, All Kids) and parents with relatively low incomes.
2. Health Insurance through Marketplace - reduced amounts of health insurance premiums according to individual or family income.
3. Health Insurance directly from the insurer - for people with relatively high and high incomes - over 4 times the poverty line plus other factors.
4. Health Insurance through an employer - the employer pays at least 20% of the amount of the selected plan, and may or may not offer to include an offer for the employee's family members. It can offer different participation with its help for different workers. (there are other details valid for small and large employers)
5. Medicare - insurance for people over 65 or people with specific diseases and disabilities. Medicare can be combined with Medicaid when incomes are very low. (October 15th – December 7th is the annual enrolment).
These are the main products for serving the different groups of the population in the country. There are some others that we do not comment on, due to their small percentage (railway workers, for example).
Annual inclusion in the health insurance for people under 65 is:
November 1st to December 15th
MEDICARE - Basics and What's new
The novelties this year on Medicare market are more than two, but let's first reiterate the concepts of importance:
5. Part C is offered by private insurance companies and covers parts A and B, and typically includes part D and or other incentives. It can cost $ 0 and more per month. It always offers more services than A and B, but there are specific networks of doctors and hospitals to use. Networks may be PPO (PPO) or HMO (HMO).
6. Medicare Supplements are products that aim to eliminate our 20% co-pay responsibility, keeping access to the entire network of doctors accepting Medicare. They have different prices and are also offered by private insurance companies. They do not offer more coverage; they only claim to eliminate parts or all of these 20% of our responsibility. These insurances can be bought throughout the year. They cannot be combined with part C.
Remember that the enrolment and changes for 2021th time is limited. Special enrolments in some cases will apply. For questions, call and/or text me (773) 742-6626, the phone only (773) 988-7608.
Site Mailing List
Agency License 107813529